There’s no doubt that brighter days are ahead – seasonally and metaphorically! But until they arrive, we’re bringing you some much needed fun and fresh ideas to help you brighten your home.
Whether your WFH zone is due a desk makeover, or that blank wall you’ve been staring at all lockdown is crying out for colour, or you just really want to show off your new shelving, check out these quick and easy Micro Makeovers!
We love a feature wall. They’re an easy way to add colour and style to any space. And this year, there’s a new wave of feature wall ideas for you to embrace. Curved shapes are one of the top interior design trends this year and a fresh take on statement wall ideas.
Painting a feature arch in contrasting colours is the perfect way to add depth to a blank wall. With Gentle Fawn as the canvas, we chose the bold and striking Emerald Glade for the arch.
Here’s what you need to do:
- For the arch, chalk a weighted length of string and 'ping' it against the wall to mark the vertical sides.
- Apply masking tape along the lines.
- Measure halfway across the top of the arch, between the taped lines.
- Cut a length of string and pin one end to this midpoint.
- Tie a pencil to the other end where it meets your masking tape. Keeping the string taut, draw a curve from one tape to the other, forming the top of the arch.
- Paint along the top of the arch freehand, and use a roller to fill in the rest.
Or watch this video to learn how to paint an arch in our Colour of the Year 2021, Brave GroundTM.